Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I hear you through it all

listening to the what others have to say,
their words become a whole new distraction in the way.
i try so hard to hear Him through it all,but i lose all hope and begin to fall.
harder and harder,
then faster and faster,now look what i have created, a disaster.
i listen to what those who matter say,but it all comes back to one word, pray.
a word so soft and pure,i know what i have to do for sure.
give it to my God, and let it all go,
because when he died, i was washed white as snow.
there's only one way to go from here,Dear Christ Jesus, hold me near.
take all my shame, guilt, upsets and fear,
take one look at me and wipe my tear.
i am ready to let myself fall into your grace,
but i am not sure if i am ready to see you face to face.
i am trying my hardest to hear what it is i must do,
but yet again, i fall back to the way i used to.
i am trying to my best, to put this beast to rest.
i am ready to be set free, let my eye be open, to see.
my God my God i cry out,shouting your praise into the night,
gently you respond to me,daughter, i have never left your sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment